Borders Therapies is a non-profit voluntary association providing a forum for complementary healthcare providers and health professionals working together with the aim of providing holistic healthcare in the Scottish Borders.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE GROUP:
- To develop a collaborative network of qualified therapists promoting high quality complementary healthcare for all
- To offer a trusted reference resource of information on complementary therapies and professional therapists in the Scottish Borders for the General Public, the Medical and Caring Professions and Employers
- To provide information on how members of the public including visitors to the region can access complementary healthcare and therapies in the Borders
- To provide a first point of contact for employers, local businesses, the media and the public with complementary and alternative medicine practitioners
- To work with existing local community and educational projects promoting health and wellness events and initiatives in the Borders
- To keep up date with new research developments in complementary and alternative medicine
- To facilitate the further education and continuing professional development of members
- To support the appropriate regulation of complementary and wellness therapies
- To enable therapists to network, to support each other in their business development needs and to work collaboratively.